Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
The role of the Human Resources/Accounting Clerk is to assist the Group Director, Human Resources, in the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Clerk will be able to participate in a variety of HR functions. To excel in this role, one will need to be organized, able to multi-task and work well under pressure, have basic accounting knowledge/education, have a customer service mindset, and desire to make a positive contribution. This position is the perfect fit for someone who has a base knowledge of Human Resources through education but wants to take it to the next level.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Create job postings, manage and track data regarding postings and report to HR Director on a regular basis.
- Schedule and participate in interviews, make recommendations, and follow up with candidates.
- Assist in creating job offers
- Onboard and orient new employees to integrate them into the dealership.
- Be an active certified member of all of the dealership JHSC's
- Ensure all dealership health and safety compliance
- Ensure all staff complete all of their human resources training
- Assist the HR Director with any employee issues.
- Provide guidance on the interpretation of HR policies.
- Administer and maintain the firm’s HRIS system including entering new employee information, terminations, and salary changes for payroll.
- Assist in administering the benefits program including signing up new employees and making any changes during the employment life cycle.
- Assist in the Performance Management process by electronically distributing and retrieving performance reviews, and scheduling performance reviews if needed
- Work in tandem with the Payroll Administrator providing information on any payroll changes on a regular basis.
- Special projects and tasks as assigned.
Accounting Responsibilities for small internal department:
- Bookkeeping (Quickbooks)
- Advance Excel Knowledge
- HST Filing
- Cash Balancing / Reconciliation
- Year End (YE) / Month End Financial Statement Preparation
- YE Audit Preparation
- Post-graduate studies in Human Resources.
- Basic accounting courses at a post secondary institution
- CHRL designation (or in progress).
- Two years of HR related experience
- Advanced skills in MS Office.
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel to store locations (Toronto, Maple, Oakville and Waterloo)
We offer competitive compensation, a top tiered benefit program and the opportunity to work with luxury vehicles.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence. The Grand Touring Automobiles Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations for disability during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application. While we thank all those that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. While we thank all those that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Is this you? If you are interest in joining the Grand Touring Automobiles family, don’t hesitate to apply
Grand Touring Automobiles is committed to providing and maintaining healthy and safe working environment for all workers and visitors. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated. This is a term and condition of employment. As defined by the provincial government, people are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series. Vaccines approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization will be recognized. Grand Touring Automobiles will continue to follow the guidance of public health organizations to define fully vaccinated.