Grand Touring Automobiles Calgary has an exciting opportunity for a Controller position. Grand Touring Automobiles features the most exclusive brands in the industry and we aspire to hire only the best candidates. We are currently seeking to hire a Controller for our Calgary location.
The Controller is responsible for maintaining an adequate system of accounting records to ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and maximized profit, as well as supervising all accounting functions within the group.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all accounting staff
- Working directly with other members of management to ensure all accounting aspects are correct for their department and relative business matters
- Create, analyze and finalize the month end financial statement and expense reports for a multi franchise dealership
- Post and maintain monthly standard entries
- Reconcile bank statements
- Training office staff as needed
- Prepare taxes and pay accordingly
- Assisting in annual year end audits
- Setting up and maintain accruals for expenses
- 5 Years of prior experience in a controller role at an automotive dealership is required
- CGA/CPA designation is required
- Previous management experience
- Ability to deal with auditors, government agencies and banks
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to deal with confidential information appropriately
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of integrity
- Excellent analytical, forecast and budgeting skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be well versed in accounting
- Experienced in closing a month, creating financial statements, controlling costs, and all aspects of the accounting office in a dealership setting
- Be able to explain technical financial data in an understandable manner
- Complete understanding and knowledge of CDK (formally ADP) systems.
We offer very attractive compensation plans, health and dental benefits and much more.
While we thank all those that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Grand Touring Automobiles is committed to providing and maintaining healthy and safe working environment for all workers and visitors. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated. This is a term and condition of employment. As defined by the provincial government, people are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series. Vaccines approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization will be recognized. Grand Touring Automobiles will continue to follow the guidance of public health organizations to define fully vaccinated.